Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Achievement unlocked - donut resistance

I had a baby about 6 months ago. I was overweight prior to pregnancy, and now I’m definitely in the obese category. 5’5”, 218 pounds as of 4 days ago. I’m over it. I know my body will never be the same as it once was, but there’s no reason I can’t get down to a healthy weight.

I started paleo on Saturday. I’ve done paleo in the past, and my body really responds so well to clean eating, lots of plant based foods and healthy fats, and getting rid of all the processed crap I gravitate towards out of convenience. I know it’s going to be more challenging trying to maintain this way of eating with a baby to take care of, too, but I’ve got to do it.

Since I’m breastfeeding still, I’m keeping my carb count on the high end of the paleo carb count recommendations, but I am getting carbs mostly from sweet potatoes and veggies. I’ve had some mild paleo flu earlier this week, but today I seem to be mostly past that stage.

This morning, a coworker brought in doughnuts. Not crappy doughnuts. Doughnuts from a local bakery. Fresh, delicious doughnuts that I know I love. A coworker just asked me, “how are you resisting these?!?!” while grabbing one for herself. I said, “it’s not easy, but I’m starting to work on losing this pregnancy weight. I’ve got to do it.”

The truth? I only want the doughnuts out of habit at this point. I’m just so proud of myself for resisting. Let the weight loss and increased health begin!

submitted by /u/Onegreeneye
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DQQaeH

No comments:

Post a Comment