Wednesday, May 1, 2019

After weighting myself everyday, I'm ditching the scale for 3 weeks !!

I've lost over the last 3 months (Feb 1st to May 1st) 14 pounds, which is 1.08 pounds/week according to Libra. I went from 190 to 176 (goal is 160 by late September) : https://imgur.com/VONpstp. This sounds like great success therefore I shouldn't change a thing right? Even though it seems like that, I've lived few huge swings in my weight in the last 2 weeks that made me realized that maybe I could try something else and experiment a bit : https://imgur.com/gEovVC5

I'm trying something in the next 3 weeks. After weighting myself daily (honestly it was more than once a day sometimes just for the fun of it), I decided that this morning was my last weight in for the next 21 days. The reason why is basically learning myself to trust the process of weight loss and avoid the stress of seeing the scale either not moving at all or moving too much. If CICO is done right the weight should go down over time. I'll continue to count calories like I'm doing now but won't weight myself. I've placed my scale in my closet just to make sure. The goal is to focus on the process.

Also, I've realized that I've fall into few bad habits. Let's say the scale said a lower value than I expected, I often treating myself or believing that this faster pace will continue and then get the realization that it isn't like that. Same thing with having it not moving I was starting a bit more than I should be to make it move, which isn't good either.

Now, I think the thing I'll need to be careful though in this change is, since I won't know my weight, to go too overboard on this CICO to be guarantee a lower number in 21 days. Those 3 weeks will serve as an experiment and see how I react in this environment and if I feel better that way to disconnect a bit about the data and focus on the more mental side of this weight loss journey.

Anyone has done something like this? Or experiment with your weight loss strategy and see what works the best for you? Should I actually do this since even though the last 2 weeks were a roller coaster that in the long term it seems to work so not stressing too much about it?

Thanks for reading and curious to read your reactions on this :)

submitted by /u/drloz5531201091
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GZ8JPX

No comments:

Post a Comment