Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Don't underestimate the value of complimenting others who are on the same journey!

Yesterday I ran into a co-worker that I had not seen for several months. I could see from far away that he looked noticeably slimmer. On getting closer, I was amazed at how he was not only slimmer, but looked significantly younger as well.

I walked up to him and immediately complimented him on how great he looked. His face LIT UP! He said I was the first person to compliment him besides his wife and kids. What followed was a great conversation about how its been difficult but rewarding, how his weight loss has improved so many other things (energy, mood, blood work, etc.), how great it feels to go to the gym get in a workout even on days where we don't really want to...

I could tell he was so thrilled to be sharing his story and having someone else acknowledge his success along with the difficulties that come with this journey. What I didn't expect was how much that conversation motivated me! I was already scheduled to go to the gym last night, and when my workout started, I kept imagining of my co-worker getting after it in his own workouts, and it made me push that much harder.

Moral of the story... if you know someone who is working to improve their fitness, make sure to acknowledge them! It will absolutely provide some validation and encouragement to them, and might just motivate you as well!

submitted by /u/DavidAg02
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2UPeiEc

No comments:

Post a Comment