Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Ask yourself "Can I do live like this for next 10 years"?

We get a lot of posts with people trying to lose weight quick. "I plan on eating 1200 kcal a day, jogging 7 days a week and weight lifting 3 days a week while doing keto" isn't rare here.

You didn't gain weight over week you will not lose it over week either. Small compounding changes over long time will yield much better results than rapid changes today. It can sometimes feel like weight lose takes forever but at the end of a day it isn't a race. It isn't even about weight lose because at the end of a day weighing less is only a step on your path to better healthier life.

Every decision you do regarding your health and fitness you should analyze over next 10 years. I will go jogging every day sounds like quick way to boost your calories burn but is "I will go jogging every day for next 10 years" sustainable for you? Can you see yourself in 10 years time at 6 am running down the street every day regardless of the weather, commitments etc? If you can by all means jog every day but if it sounds like too much hassle then maybe you should come up with better routine?

Maybe jogging everyday sucks over 10 years but "taking 30 min walk every time there is nice weather over next 10 years and listening to music/podcast" sounds more sustainable?

Maybe "I will hit a gym every day for next 10 years" sounds like much but "I will go to gym every Tuesday and Thursday and if I feel like it Saturday for next 10 years" sounds more doable.

Maybe "I will not eat a single cake for next 10 years" sounds like too much but "I will only eat cake if I have calories left" sounds more sustainable.

Maybe really all you can commit to right now is "I will eat 100 kcal less than my TDEE until I lose weight" and that's okay it is still more than you was doing week ago.

Little changes extra 1000 steps here, minus 100 kcal a day there compound over weeks and months bring much greater benefit that big changes you will implement today to abandon them week later.

The best weight loss routine is the one you can actually keep up.

I know that I am preaching here to a choir for most of you but maybe this post will help some new confused people and also give me something to link to when I respond to others in the comments.

submitted by /u/Grand_Strategy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2J6gW6O

No comments:

Post a Comment