Friday, May 3, 2019

Coming out of lurking - vegan/IBS?

Stats: 27F, 5'1", at my highest I was 139lbs. I'm 126 ish now, was closer to 115-120 in college.

I've lurked here on and off over the past few years, especially a few years ago when I was creeping up towards 140 and caught the weight gain before it became a really serious issue. I was anxious and unhappy at my job then, and was eating WAY too much for how little I exercised. I had always been called "skinny" by my friends and felt good about my body...until a no-longer-a-friend told me I wasn't really hot anymore, at least compared to other women. Putting aside the BS of super athletic & super skinny = only way to be"hot", I realized there were a lot of things I wasn't happy about in my life, including how I felt in my body. I bought a Fitbit and a scale, tracked all my food, and started running and doing Fitstar workouts. I lost about 20 lbs within a few months and then kinda got off the wagon, so I'm back up at 126 and trying to just feel more healthy.

I know my weight loss isn't as much as maybe some other people on this thread, but some of what is said here feels very relevant. I have a hard time not eating too much, which between that and anxiety, causes some painful episodes of IBS. I am also trying to go mostly vegan so while I think CICO is the best way to lose weight (worked great for me before!), I'm trying to learn more about being vegan but also eating easily-digestible foods (again, the IBS thing, which also causes bloating and therefore makes me look bigger than I am on the scale) and getting enough protein. I really look forward to continuing to run and push myself cardio-wise, as I want to treat my heart better.

Thanks everyone for letting me lurk! If you have any suggestions for vegan/non-inflammatory things that are fun to cook (I'm a great cook-- makes it easy to overeat!), apps or workout schedules, etc. let me know!

submitted by /u/ketchuptime22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ZWaJj1

No comments:

Post a Comment