Sunday, May 12, 2019

Diet tips to aid weight loss? [Please read description]

As of today, I'm a 20 y/o, 175 pounds, 5'8" Indian male. My body fat percentage is around 23 and I have visible belly/face fat. Recently, I have started swimming and I have been pretty regular about it so far and I'm down about 3 pounds since I started. Moving forward, I also wanna join a gym for weight training in order to supplement my regime.

The problem is diet. I'm aware that I'll have to minimise carbs among other things but I live with my parents and I'm also a college student, so my mom cooks all the meals on any given day and I rarely have any time to dedicate towards this.

The staple Indian diet in my part of the country heavily relies on carbs. Rice is the central component of every meal and everything else is merely supplementary. Although I have minimised my intake ever since I started taking my body seriously, it is impossible for me to alter my diet as it would mean going against my family's eating habits.

No one in my family has ever been athletic or has ever taken fitness seriously, so I can't really convince anyone to alter their diet. My mom's convinced that as long as I eat less (of the same stuff aka rice) but work out consistently, I'll somehow magically transform my body. But I know how many calories I inadvertently intake.

Any solution to circumvent this diet problem?

submitted by /u/mavericknathan1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JIlf8f

No comments:

Post a Comment