Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Does anyone else with a relatively low amount of weight to lose struggle to get motivated?

I just want to start off by saying you guys are amazing! I originally subbed here because I wanted to get motivated to start my own weight loss journey. I only have about ten to fifteen pounds to lose (I’m 21F 5’4” 137lbs) and seeing people on this subreddit routinely lose over a hundred pounds inspires me so much. But I struggle to really stay motivated because I technically am at a healthy weight for my height and age. I find myself eating junk food or skipping workouts for weeks at a time because even if I gain a few pounds I still will be in the healthy range. I’m afraid that the only time I’ll be able to really buckle down and get healthy is if I end up in the overweight category, but I don’t want to let it have to get to that point.

It also doesn’t help that my best friend is obese and very much into the body positivity movement. She’s my height (5’4”) but weighs somewhere around 320lbs and makes zero effort to lose weight as she’s happy with the way that she looks. Whenever we hang out we end up eating at McDonald’s or spending the whole day on the couch. Basically, I don’t make healthy choices when I’m with her. I feel like I’d be more motivated to lose the weight if I were to spend less time with her, but she’s my best friend and that feels cruel. I kind of ended up off-topic but if anyone’s in a similar situation to me, please let me know I’m not alone!

submitted by /u/IllGetAbsEventually
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JmWgYK

No comments:

Post a Comment