Wednesday, May 8, 2019

How can I build a support system?

Hey everyone,

I’ve been having a hard time lately with weight loss and a little in the life department too. So I’m giving a little background on where I was and where I am as well as where I’m trying to go.

I posted a while back with a pretty positive attitude and was in a pretty good place at the time. Over the past several months I’ve become stagnant in my journey to find better health and in fact the opposite has happened. I realize now, that my depression has consumed me and I’ve allowed it to dictate my actions, thoughts, and environment.

I’ve realized that I use food as a method of finding comfort. I’ve also realized that without thinking, my choices with food quality, overeating and regularity have struggled as well. In short, by allowing depression to control me and abuse food, I’m trying to kill myself.

Yes, I am seeing a therapist. Yes, I have a supportive family and friends. However, I live by myself and it’s hard being the one in charge all the time on top of school and work. These are all things I have realized and have a desire to fix.

So in the context of weight loss. How can I start simply and have a support system to keep me honest? What about for life in general?

Thank you

submitted by /u/Bassestkkm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DZguU2

No comments:

Post a Comment