Friday, May 3, 2019

I (30F) am overweight (192lbs, 5’1”). This is the heaviest I’ve ever been. Recently went through a breakup and am struggling with eating / exercising / overall wounded ego and self esteem

I realize there so much going on here besides being overweight— but one of the things I want to work on is to be healthy. I know my current weight isn’t healthy because my body feels this. I love myself and know that I won’t allow myself to continue gaining weight due to a lack of self care.

When I was with my ex we’d order fast food a lot because he doesn’t know how to cook, didn’t express interest in cooking despite my many offers to help him learn. I love to cook, but I went down a depressive spiral because of work and strained relationship

Recent breakup left me feeling undesirable. No sex since December, before that it was scarce. No matter the times I asked if it was bc of my weight, his answer was always no...that it was his lack of confidence and self esteem.

I went to the doc this week and she is encouraging me get back on my feet and exercise bc 1) it helps reduce pain (I have fibromyalgia), 2) endorphins, workouts can help me feel better, 3) healthy for weight loss

I feel so lost. I know what I have to do but it feels insurmountable. Knowing what to do is one thing. How to do it is the challenge.

Nutrition: I waver between going vegan, gluten free, or just eat anything but follow CICO

Workout: any little activity tires me! My body isn’t as strong and resilient as it was 3 yrs ago [i used to run half marathon! Dance 5-6 days a week. Yoga everyday]. I struggle so much to just get myself OUTSIDE. :(

If you’ve been in a similar circumstance (breakup, depression, overweight), what helped you get into the habit of working out and making healthy food choices?

Thanks for the read. 🙏🏽

submitted by /u/L48-87N
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ZUa9T1

No comments:

Post a Comment