Wednesday, May 8, 2019

I reached my lowest weight and body fat percentage today!

I've been lurking on this sub-reddit for some time now and I'm honestly so inspired by everyone on here. Hearing all your stories about the progress you've made makes me keep going in this fitness journey.

For some context, I'm 22, female, 5'8" and I started off at 66kg (145lbs) and 23% Body Fat in January 2019. I'm fairly tall, and my legs are long in comparison to the rest of my body, and in January, I realised I was fed up of having that bit of stomach hanging over my jeans, (as I was in denial about gaining weight, I didn't buy jeans that actually fit me)

Primarily, I changed the food I ate. I used to eat a whole batch of 30 cookies in one sitting, chocolate bars, full fat coke, McDonald's or KFC every other day. Now I track my calories which has helped massively. I have wheetabix for breakfast most days, chicken and rice for lunch, and my dinners can vary between chilli, curry, spaghetti Bolognese, or fish and veggies. But I stopped snacking so much, I stopped stuffing my face with chocolate and crisps.

I started going to the gym maybe 4 times a week on average. Lifting heavy weights and doing about an hour's worth of cardio a week. It was so tough at first and I started dreading the gym, but I got motivated again when 2 guys from my work started joining me on my workouts. It made a massive difference and I can't thank them enough.

It took a little while for the weight to start coming off and I fluxuated daily, but slowly I worked my way to where I am now.

62kg (136lbs) 18.7% Body Fat

I am finally so, so happy with my body.

What is one thing you're proud of achieving on your weight loss journey? Big or small achievements are still progress.

Mine was being able to deadlift my own body weight.

submitted by /u/TuxedoCrafts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VbxkVk

No comments:

Post a Comment