Friday, May 10, 2019

I’m the person everyone loves to eat with

I just want a break from food temptation, and it’s so difficult to achieve. I’m the person everyone loves to eat with. New restaurant? I get three texts. Big ass donut reported in nearby neighborhood? I get a DM on IG. I host dinners a lot and play cards with friends who order pizza, nachos and lots of delicious apps— that’s just the beginning. I love having a life full of people who have a zest for the thing I love (eating, dammit!), but in my social circles, I’m by far the heaviest (I’m female, 5,7, 210lbs., want to get down to 170 before a big trip in the fall), and I am sick of saying no thank you when everyone else is taking down some epic brisket nacho platter. No one else around me is on a weight loss journey like this. My friends have seen me diet over and over again, and I’m just tired of having to be different at the table, especially since no one is in my size bracket around me. It’s really lonely, and I have a hard time not going to a really negative place when the reality of my size shows up in the behavior of publicly depriving myself when others are nourishing themselves. I feel like it’s necessary to isolate because it is rough that every weekend I am faced with so much temptation. But I also binge eat way more when I isolate. This is such a Friday rant, and I’m sure I’m not alone in facing this challenge. It’s just such a pain in the ass that in trying to have a more boundaried relationship with food, I’m at odds with what is a decent part of my public identity. Anyone else have advice, comments, stories of how they’ve dealt with this????

submitted by /u/hijuststoppingby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Hcy5JV

No comments:

Post a Comment