Thursday, May 16, 2019

my coworker is awesome.

This is just a fun but validating story that happened to me this week, and I wasn't sure where else to share it.

My supervisor is one of those constant dieters. She's not really overweight (maybe chronically 10lbs overweight, not that this really matters!) and she's done it all -- all the MLM shakes, fasts, bars, you name it. Right now she's doing keto, which whatever, I have no beef with it (no pun intended). In fact I was pretty successful on it myself for a while but realized it's just not a good long term strategy for me, and I wasn't sure why I'd ever try to trick myself out of basic, no-frills CICO in the first place (I lost 80lbs just counting calories on a notepad back in my teens and never gained it back... why reinvent the wheel FFS?). But I digress.

So you get the idea, my boss is somebody who doesn't let a day go by without mentioning what she's eating, how much weight she's lost, etc. And meanwhile I've quietly and sloooowwwly been losing weight without saying a word for the last 9 months or so. I personally don't think it's noticeable. I have lost 30 pounds, but because it's only at about 0.75lb/week, it's barely registered for me. I just nod and smile and tell her how great she looks.

The other day at a staff meeting, a coworker of mine very loudly said in front of everybody as we were dispersing, "Timory, your weight loss is so noticeable today! Look at you in those little pants!" (Normally I think it's super rude to comment on people's appearance without express permission, but my work team really does have the kind of relationship where this is kosher.) She then turned to our supervisor and said, "Supervisor, don't you think Timory has been doing a great job on her diet?" To which our boss said "Yup, I guess we're all slimming down!"

It was so hard not to laugh. I texted my coworker later to thank her out of earshot. I just thought it was so nice of her; not just that she noticed my weight loss, but that she noticed our boss being a bit of a diva about it.

I still have about 15-20lbs to go, so at least 6 months at the rate I'm going, but it's nice that people have started to notice! I had a few other coworkers make some flattering comments today, but they weren't nearly as amusing :)

Thanks for reading, friends.

submitted by /u/timory
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JKMvmw

No comments:

Post a Comment