Thursday, May 16, 2019

[NSV] Went shopping for clothes today, finally fit into a size S!

Hey all of you wonderful people in r/loseit! Long time lurker, first time poster here, I don't know why this is so nerve-wracking but it is for some reason... please forgive me for any formatting errors! For the past two months, I've been religiously logging into MFP, exercising (cardio + 3 day full body split), walking a lot, CICO, etc. and have lost 20+ pounds since March 19th.

I was around the same starting weight in April of 2018 and decided to make a lifestyle change by quitting smoking, drinking, and all social media all at once. While that sounds overwhelming (and it was for the first few weeks), I've always been an all or nothing type of personality. I kept it up through the end of last summer and got down to 175, but then started slipping on the weight loss because of routine changes and the cold weather. Fast forward to this spring, I ended up at the same starting weight and was pretty disappointed, so thought I'd give it another go, this time trying to learn from my mistakes that led me to slip up the first time!

Anyway, I went out to update my Spring/Summer wardrobe today and was trying on new clothes and realized that my body had changed more than I realized since the winter when I was wearing size Large shirts/hoodies to conceal my body... I ended up trying on clothes that were a size Small and they were actually the perfect fit for me! The timing was great as I've mini-plateau'd around 175 for the past week or so, and not seeing the scale move was starting to get me down after weeks of consistent losing.

I can't remember the last time I was able to comfortably rock a size small shirt, but here we are, and it's definitely in large part to seeing y'all post your incredibly motivational stories, pictures, and struggles that make me understand I'm not in this alone and there's a real pathway to get to where we're trying to go! So basically, thank you for your contributions and acceptance, and hopefully this gives me the courage to keep posting on this sub :)

submitted by /u/boddupops
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WWwLjK

No comments:

Post a Comment