Thursday, May 2, 2019

NSV: Saw a candid photo of myself and didn’t feel ashamed

This morning I woke up to an instagram notification. My dog trainer had tagged me and my pupper in a photo from our class the previous night. I was dressed like crap, sitting down, and leaning over to treat my dog. All of that to say that there really wasn’t anything flattering about the shot. However, I wasn’t horrified. I thought I just looked like a normal person. At my highest weight, I would have looked like the Michelin Man in leggings if someone would have snapped a picture of me slumped over in a chair. I would have untagged myself immediately in the past.

Now I feel pretty confident that I just look like an average not fit/not really fat person going about my daily life. This feeling is so very good.

As for how I got here: I’m (31F 5’7” and I’ve gone from 283lbs to 170lbs in around 14 months. My weight loss has come primarily from calorie counting. I’m a huge proponent of CICO. I log everything, but I try not to let perfect be the enemy of good when it comes to logging. For exercise I attended a few barre classes each week and take my dog on walks. The progress hasn’t been linear. I’ve had stalls and wooshes. I’ve had days where I ate at maintenance instead of a deficit. It’s not been easy, but it has been very simple. The hardest part is just not giving up.

Candid comparison. Doggo for reference

submitted by /u/pizzadaughter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GYkQwA

No comments:

Post a Comment