Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Started swimming for a little over an hour a day while wearing a fitness tracker and MyFitnessPal is estimating a vastly different calorie target. How much inaccuracy should I try to factor in?

Hi! A couple weeks ago I bought an Apple Watch, got a membership at a local pool, and started swimming a few times a week. It takes me a little over an hour to swim at 3k, and MyFitnessPal is saying I earn ~800 calories from that. Since I’m swimming every day, I updated my activity level to “Active”, which bumped my target calories even higher. I don’t want to over or under eat, but these numbers are vastly different than what I’m used to (it went from 2k to 3k). How much should I trust this new goal?

As a side note, I know that calorie counting is more important than exercise for weight loss, but I really enjoy swimming and my weak back muscles could use the extra exercise.

submitted by /u/StTheo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HkaqaK

No comments:

Post a Comment