Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Eating healthier and exercising, why do I feel so chubby?

TLDR below.

I just began working on a trail crew a few weeks ago. The first couple weeks involved hiking about 5 miles a day (give or take), and now we’re doing lots of rock work and trail maintenance.

I am definitely out of shape and this job is kicking my ASS. I haven’t been this active since last summer so I’m obviously burning way more calories than usual. And I am very strict with breakfast and lunch, because my energy level and digestive system are extremely sensitive to what I eat.

I typically eat hard boiled eggs, avocado, tomato, fruits & nuts, protein bars and drink at LEAST 3 liters of water a day.

I’ve def been guilty of eating some processed food and drinking alcohol on the weekends, but I’m taking steps toward cutting them out.

I know it’s only been a few weeks, but I don’t really feel any weight difference? If anything, I feel chubbier than normal. When I look in the mirror, my body seems to be WIDER than usual. I don’t know if it’s just body dysmorphia, but my belly feels so much more noticeable, and I feel like the rolls on my back are more apparent.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there a reason why I would be gaining fat? What could I be doing differently to really start slimming down? I’m working my ass off everyday and it’s so frustrating to feel like I’m actually going backward on my weight loss journey.

TLDR: been far more active and eating much healthier. Why do I feel like I’m getting fatter?

submitted by /u/shyopossum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vYQIe5

No comments:

Post a Comment