Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Feeling dysphoric while on my journey, anyone else?

Hello y’all, this is my first post here so bear with me. I’ve been on a journey seeking better health and weight loss for a little over a year now. Right now I’m sitting at a loss of 65 pounds and want to go another 20 pounds or so. All is well in that department, but I can’t seem to shake the feelings of dysphoria.

Some days, I feel really great, better than I have in long time. I’ve gotten to throw out old clothes that used to be too small but are now too large to wear. I’ve gotten to go shopping for myself, which is something used to dread. And I feel more confident in general. But this isn’t always.

Some days, no matter what the scale or my clothing tell me, I feel no different whatsoever. I feel disgusting and like nothing has changed for me. I analyze and scrutinize every detail of my body. It’s hard to explain, I don’t know. Sometimes I look in the mirror and feel more like myself than ever, other times I don’t even recognize myself. How I view myself externally is in a constant state of flux and it can be draining.

I never thought about this part when starting my journey, but now I’m here and am unsure of how to work through these feelings.

Is anyone else going through this? How do you process what you see and what you feel?

submitted by /u/randpand3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WKvZ9x

No comments:

Post a Comment