Friday, May 3, 2019

Started the weight loss journey (hopefully for the last time)

M: 26, starting weight: 230, current: 218

I've lurked on this subreddit for a long time and it's been awesome to see what people have been able to accomplish. Decided to share my progress today...

I've been overweight for most of my life, with the odd time where I would lose a few pounds. But sure enough, I always put that weight (and more back on). Mostly because of the weight (along with family history), I have also always had high BP and about five months ago I had to start taking meds to control it. I still for whatever reason didn't take it very seriously, thinking "ahh I'll lose weight...it's fine".

Fast forward to last month, I woke up and decided I need to start taking this seriously. I started with watching my calorie intake and it really was an eye-opener. I noticed what I'm sure a lot of people notice. I was eating too many calories during my meals, easily consuming north of 1000 calories per meal - eating out was the biggest reason why. Now I cook 95% of my meals and it's made things a lot easier (who knew?). I'm still eating a little bit dessert (occasionally) but watching how many times in a given week I eat dessert has helped control cravings and make sure I don't indulge.

I have also started running in the last couple of weeks. I've always played sports, but I had never actually "gone for a run." In the last two weeks, I have gone for four 5K runs, struggling at first but getting better each time. Today, to test myself a little bit more, I ran 6K and boy did it feel good!

Having been really mindful of my habits I have lost nearly 12 lbs in one month!! Amazing what can happen when you decide you just need to do it. I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes me! :)

submitted by /u/Aahash
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2H4UtVT

No comments:

Post a Comment