Saturday, May 11, 2019

SV 10 Kilos down in 11 weeks and not far from goal weight, CICO data I wanted to share that might be helpful to someone

Hi all, I'm 9.9Kg down on my original starting weight of 93.2 kg and wanted to share some data as when I first started reading threads on here I loved looking at other people's data and graphs and it gave me reassurances about how common fluctuations are when trying to lose weight. This is a fantastic subreddit and incredibly supportive and I enjoy reading the stories and personal victories from people so thought I could share my last couple of months in the hope it might be useful, whilst it's not a huge drop in weight I do feel a lot better and fitter. Hopefully some people might find it useful, if only as another account that calories in and calories out is the way forward!

Anyway some quick information on me, I was never really that big but I was carrying fat all in my belly and getting quite a prominent beer belly so whilst my BMI was on the lower side of the overweight range I was carrying it pretty badly. People had pointed out to me that I was putting on weight as a sort of joke and at first it didn't bother me but by the 6th or 7th person to mention it I started growing a little concerned I wasn't holding my weight as I well as I had when I was younger. I had a couple of work shirts I was basically busting out of at the middle so the signs were there looking back.

I'm quite tall (6 foot 2) and therefore I can naturally burn a lot of calories which means I'm quite lucky, I was just eating really badly, binge drinking and not moving much so I was slowly edging up the scales with my eyes closed. I returned from a small weekend break and stood on the scale was the heaviest I'd been so knew it was time for a change.

Anyway to get to the potentially useful stuff:

https://imgur.com/a/ujV58ns

Here is my data, some notes: I weighed myself every morning at 7am on the same scale before eating breakfast. This was to reduce variation as much as possible.

I only started properly counting a few weeks in when I bought a fitness tracker, this is why the first 20 odd days are blank but I was probably at my most disciplined during this period and when I started counting I loosened up a little.

I went on vacation for a couple of weeks, in this time I walked loads, I ate and I drank loads and I counted very little. I absolutely loved it but I put in very rough estimates of calories in so it's very inaccurate!

I converted my CICO deficit into expected Kilos lost and I should have lost about 6kg since I tracked everything and I'm at 5kg so not too far off! I think I was underestimating calories eaten for a while but I've adjusted and since returning from vacation my expected weight loss and my actual weight loss are both about 3kg so that was just a case of tightening up what I was doing.

You can see my weight loss has slowed down but my deficit has also dropped so it's not surprising, I'm happy with the current rate as things stand and when I hit my goal will start to consider adding some more muscle.

Few things that worked for me in a more general sense:

Small breakfast (one thick piece of wholewheat toast with peanut butter most days)

Salad and chicken with minimal dressing for lunch (cherry tomatoes are a god send, could eat those all day)

Good sized dinner with carbs, protein and fat but then just dialled the extra veg and salad up to 10 so my plate looked massive but I was just eating a pretty normal dinner!

I love beer but this has been excellent in limiting my alcohol consumption indirectly and the great reduction in hangovers has definitely been welcome.

So yeah, very happy overall and another satisfied convert to just trusting thermodynamics!

submitted by /u/Will0905
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JfrUXL

No comments:

Post a Comment