Friday, May 17, 2019

Trying to eat at RMR and not eat back exercise calories. Is that correct?

This is sadly not my first time here and not my first rodeo with weight loss. However, this is my first rodeo with losing weight and consistant exercise.

Condensed backstory: was chunky, moved out, lost weight by virute of having to shop on my own, moved again, decided to get serious, lost more weight on a 1200 cal/day diet (no exercise, just on my feet retail), got married, moved again, fell off the wagon, ran a half marathon, ran another half marathon, decided to start losing weight again because I hate the way my body looks. So here we are.

So my RMR per a metabolic test is 1354. My supposed "lifestyle calories" are 406, bringing me to a 1760 TDEE. I'm not really sure I agree with that, because my current job is mostly desk related. I probably only take a few hundred steps over the course of the day and if it's a rest day on training, I don't do literally anything once I get home.

However, I'm training for my next half marathon, which happens in July. Over the entire 12 week period, I average 19 miles a week, with a low of 13.5 and a high of 25.5 miles.

I figured if I ate my RMR, I basically just get an extra deficit boost from the exercise 4-5 days a week, which should put me in the weight loss camp. However, several people at work (health center, so we all have opinions) think this is a terrible idea, but I'm not really understanding why. As long as I'm eating at my RMR, and maybe a few hundered calories over on long run days, I should be ok, right? Or am I missing something? I was told I should aim for something like 1700 calories a day, but that seems....very high.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/caeloequos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HnA7XU

No comments:

Post a Comment