Thursday, May 16, 2019

Water Weight is an EVIL EVIL little voice in my head trying to slow me down.

Okay so on my weight loss journey, I weigh myself every 1-2 days and log it into an app. The app 'smooths out' the ups and downs and charts the trends. I don't take going up or down a pound to heart, but I find the 'downward' trend on the chart to be quite motivating. Been at it for several weeks.

Yesterday was a great day for me. I hit my one month mark on keto, as well as hitting a milestone in my weight loss goal. I was quite proud to tell my work friends that I had finally hit this mini goal.

I wanted to celebrate with a (keto-friendly version of) my favorite meal - ramen (I'm talking the good kind, not instant). So I ordered from my favorite joint (without noodles) and added my own zucchini noodles. I knew it was gonna be SALTY but hey, I was/am still in a calorie deficit and in ketosis.

It happened to be a rest day as well. So I had my ramen lunch, finished with work, and 20 minutes in the massage chair, and then took it easy the rest of the night.

Woke up this morning bloated as all hell. I knew instantly it was water weight from the salty lunch and spike in sodium, but I was curious and stepped on the scale anyway. Big mistake. I am FIVE pounds heavier than the day before! I can handle a pound or two, but FIVE?! Feels totally demoralizing, like I am being punished for rewarding myself/ boasting of achieving the milestone, or like I lied to myself somehow. (Earlier today, a coworker heard I had been talking about my success and asked me how it was going - I felt like a LIAR by telling him about the milestone I hit the day before.)

I know this thinking is rubbish. But for the first time in weeks (months?) instead of looking forward to the gym after work, I dread it.

submitted by /u/helpful_homie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Qaa74X

No comments:

Post a Comment