Sunday, May 12, 2019

Weight loss is weird, y'all

So I'm currently down 23 pounds from my starting weight, and I've never really lost any noticeable amount weight before this attempt. I've definitely been thinner before, but never after having previously been fatter. A lot of things are happening that I fully expected - my clothes are looser, I have more energy, I feel better when I look in the mirror, etc. But some of the effects are things nobody warned me about, and they're kind of messing with my head. Things like:

  • My shoes are loose, to the point that I actually think I need to buy smaller ones now. I expected to need clothes in a smaller size, and maybe even to resize my wedding ring. But my shoes? Were even my feet fat? WTF is this?
  • I don't quite know how to describe this, but it's like I walk around feeling like some of my body is missing and wondering where the rest of me is. Like, didn't there used to be more of me? Shouldn't I take up more space than this? I don't know. It's bizarre.
  • I feel like my center of gravity is off, probably because I lost fat from parts of me that shouldn't have been as big as they were compared to the rest of me. At least I guess that's what it is? Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses for my newfound clumsiness, but I do genuinely feel like my body balances itself a little differently now. I'm assuming I'll adjust, though.
  • At first, my hormones got thrown out of whack. I feel like I've adjusted to this one, but the loss of those first ten or so pounds seemed to bring on some weird angry/weepy moments that I didn't quite know what to do with.

Anyone else have anything strange/unexpected happen once they started losing weight? Any other weird stuff I have to look forward to as I keep going? I'm just curious to see if a) this is just me, and b) there are other aspects of weight loss that don't get talked about so much.

submitted by /u/happy_grenade
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VxNZY7

No comments:

Post a Comment