Monday, May 6, 2019

what are your non-food based rewards for achieving goals?

I've put on over 20 kilos (circa 45 lbs) since I left high school from a combo of being super depressed and not knowing how to cook and then I developed binge eating disorder in my second year of uni and things just got worse. I have a really bad history of rewarding myself with binges of several blocks of chocolate, bags of chips, sweets etc for "good" behaviour like getting out of bed once a week and washing my hair once a fortnight going for a run or coming under my calories for the day.

I'm trying to shift my brain away from "I deserve a whole block of Guylian chocolate" to "if I work hard, I will get X." Part of that means breaking down the emotional connection between food and reward, which is basically built into my brain because I come from a family where doing well means getting sweets and winning things means a McDonalds meal. That was OK when my parents picked out food and I was a little kid, but as an adult it's starting to get a wee bit problematic and suuuper expensive to immediately reward myself with masses of food the second I do something well. I'm super reward orientated so I thought it would be cool to look at stuff I need and stuff I will need while I lose weight (new cloths, underwear etc.) and then make it into a rewards chart alongside things I want (necklaces, a couple of experiences, some trousers etc.)

My rewards are:

  • 95 KG- Buy a small gold necklace I've wanted for a long time.
  • 93 KG- Replace all my ratty grandma knickers bought to cover my FUPA with some nicer ones.
  • 90 KG- A bra and undies set from Lonely Lingere (again, new underwear is VERY much needed given the sheer state of things in my drawers.)
  • 87 KG- A top from an Etsy shop I like, hopefully in a size M instead of an L or an XL
  • 84 KG- Flotation Tank and Sauna Experience because I've wanted to do a tank soak for AGES but keep putting it off.
  • 80 KG- Entireworld Tiny Tee's 2 Pack to replace all my XL t-shirts which should hopefully be much too big by now
  • 77 kg- A pair of Matter Prints trousers, which I've wanted for ages and been too big to fit into.
  • 76 kg- underwear and bra set from Negative Underwear, to finish off my nice new underwear collection that actually fits me.
  • Maintain under 80 KG for 3 months- Get my teeth whitened professionally.

I also have three mini-rewards for when I hit 92 kgs (sauna and plunge pool), 86 kgs (2 new bras, since my boobs should go down a cup size or too) and at 82 kgs a new set of togs from Batoko. I have a couple of other bits and pieces- new shoes, beauty days, lipstck, work pants, some books and a bootcamp pass- for when I reach various time based milestones and points in completing my programmes.

Do you guys have any set rewards/reward programmes you put yourself on as prizes for reaching different milestones? Do they just surround weight or do they extend out into other parts of the weight loss and ~healthy lifestyle~ experience?

submitted by /u/clyt3mnestra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LppJTB

No comments:

Post a Comment