Thursday, May 2, 2019

Who cares what the number is - aren't our goals actually the Body, Health, and Ability?

You know those posts that say "my weight loss has totally stalled for 3 weeks after starting X fitness routine. I have more energy, I'm doing X better, and my clothes are fitting looser, but how do I fix this and get the nunber to move?!?"

Why are we (myself included) so focused on a number? Aren't our actual goals to be healthier, feel good, do our activities better, and maybe most closely related to weight, look 'better'? If we are doing all of those other things, why does a number get us down so much?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the body I want and be able to perform like I want and have the number be really high than have the number be super low but look worse and perform worse. What does that number even tell us? Not much...

Here's to a mental switch and measuring more by the changes that actually matter.

(This probably means I should weight train more, yeah?)

submitted by /u/trtlebcket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2PJMzUr

No comments:

Post a Comment