Sunday, November 10, 2019

9 days out from gastric sleeve surgery...

I'm 38, have had 2 children in the last 4 years, have PCOS, am 5'7" HW 262, CW 250, GW 160-180.

I'm one week in on my pre op weight loss/liver shrinking diet. I'm having a surprisingly easy time with it but I'm not sure if that's because I know I have to do it or what. I'm down 12lbs already and I'm finding myself having second thoughts. Should I really do something as drastic as having this surgery when this is going well?

My thoughts are drifting towards the idea that with this, I can still occasionally enjoy off diet things (and I mean special occasions) whereas with the surgery that's off the table indefinitely. I'm a good home cook and am definitely a foody so I can make most anything and make it well. Including low fat, low carb foods.

But what if I fail? I don't have a fail safe. What if this just stops like it has on every other diet because of age or PCOS or having the metabolism of a tree sloth? Will I be able to enjoy the science and and flavor of foods again someday? Even if it's just a bite or two? Am I just going to discover a new creativity with food (I already made my fairlife vanilla protein drink taste like eggnog so maybe).

IDK. I'm rambling. Did anyone else go through this? Did anyone back out and regret it or was it a good decision?

submitted by /u/eyesonherhorizon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33ATm8S

No comments:

Post a Comment