Sunday, November 10, 2019

Improving body awareness during or after weight loss

Ever since I can remember I've been chunky. But also short (153 cm) so I always ended up looking like a thick tree stump, and I felt uncomfortable in my own body all my life. I lost almost 20kg and am only 4kg away from my goal weight, but honestly, I still feel like the short, awkward, clumsy, stumpy ugly girl with zero self-confidence. I always felt like my body is working against me. Moving does not come naturally to me, I could never dance if I tried (and I have tried, my mom is a dancer), I'm extremely inflexible (can't even touch my knees), I just hate any kind of exercise, and my movements, including gestures and facial expressions, are ungraceful and uncoordinated/clumsy. This also reflects my lack of self-control (which I lack in other departments of my life too), and I still feel like an awkward kid at 26.

It's frustrating because I see all these grown-ass women AND teenagers who move with more awareness of their body. All I'm aware of is my feeling of discomfort. I can't even pose for pictures in an "interesting" way because I feel so awkward being photographed, which is why I barely have any pictures of me of the last 10 years or so, because I hate seeing myself.

Please help! One of my New Year's resolutions was to feel comfortable in my own body because I want to take dance lessons next year and not make a fool of myself lol.

submitted by /u/gimmeamakeover
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NxYyoF

No comments:

Post a Comment