Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Advice -- Medically supervised diet -- I'll try to make my post concise

Hi all

Like most people I have had ups and downs of weight loss. Last year I lost about 50 pounds in a very low cal diet, Ideal Protein (low cal and carb). I stopped that in the summer. Then from Fall to winter I maintained. I had major surgery end of Dec and I gained back 25 of that. I am only now trying to lose the rest. 3 weeks ago I joined a medically supervised weight loss diet where the average calorie intake is 600-800 cals, focus on protein and low carb. So it's basically a ketogenic diet. I am now 40, 226 lbs, F. I have lost about 15 pounds in 3 weeks but I feel super deprived on this. Hunger wise I feel fine bc I'm in ketosis. I have a lot to lose, so I was hoping for a tad faster weight loss. With thanksgiving next week, I'm wondering if I should loosen the reigns and just do a regular low calorie diet. I've read in some places that if you have a lot of weight to lose, you dont need to worry as much about protein bc you will lose majority fat on a low cal diet regardless on if you eat a lot of protein or not. Has anyone else hear this? I just know that with the holidays coming up, I want to be able to enjoy myself more, but I do want relatively fast weight loss. I'm not sure if I'm venting or asking for advice! But thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/Norcalgirl79
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37kumVL

No comments:

Post a Comment