Thursday, November 7, 2019

Did anyone else become more self-critical after losing weight?

Hello everyone!

It's my first time posting here and I hope I'm doing everything right.

I'm 1.76 m (5'9") and currently 82 kgs (180lbs), down from > 100 kgs (220lbs). I lost around 20 kgs (44 lbs) over the course of around 2 years. The first 10 kgs were mostly from being very stressed during my master's degree abroad and I would not recommend that at all. The second 10 kgs were all calorie counting, eating below my TDEE and exercising and walking a little bit more. The main part was adjusting how much I eat though, without a doubt.

And while I love being healthier, fitter, more active and attractive in my opinion, I can't help but notice how I've also gotten even more critical of myself. I find myself admonishing myself when I'm even 10 calories over my budget, criticise myself when I miss a single workout in two weeks, and all flaws on my body stick out to me even more.

Did anyone else experience that? I think it partially has to do with me realising just how much power and influence I have over changing myself and improving and healing my body. On one hand, that results in me admiring my progress and newly reached goals. But it also makes me more critical when I slip up and when inevitably my weight loss slows down a little. My next goal is 75 kgs, and then see how I feel and how I like my body. But I almost feel as if I'm standing in my own way with how strict and sometimes self-critical I am.

Did you also struggle with this, and what helped you deal with it?

submitted by /u/thththrwwayyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CouiGm

No comments:

Post a Comment