Thursday, November 7, 2019

New gym routine- jump in or ease into it?

Background info: I'm 22 and live a fairly sedentary lifestyle during the school year- I'm a college student and babysit 5-10 hours per week. During the summer I work at a summer camp and for the first few weeks it's pretty exhausting for me, but I get used to it fairly quickly (I've worked there the past 4 summers and I love it).

I've been trying to lose weight since February of this year. Started at 265, didn't do much over the spring/summer besides switch to a lot healthier options of food and lost about 20lbs between that and becoming more active over the summer with my summer camp job. Weight crept back up 5lbs in the fall, and I began working out at home, and since then I've lost another 15.

A few weeks ago, I got a membership to a local gym and began to go a few times per week, my goal being to go on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. However I struggle (mostly due to anxiety and other things that "come up" that I use as excuses, but I know I could work around) to go most of the time when those days come around, and have only gone about 2/3 of my planned days. Basically I'm wondering if it's worth it to force myself to go on my planned days to create the habit, or if it would be okay to ease myself into it by going 1-2x per week for a while instead

tl;dr- I've made decent weight loss progress at home but would like to add going to the gym. I struggle to go on the days I plan to due to anxiety, should I force myself to go or can I ease myself into it?

submitted by /u/keeko4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34FHVNm

No comments:

Post a Comment