Thursday, November 7, 2019

Lifelong struggles with weight. I want to change, but it's hard, and only getting worse.

I (27F) am 5'5" and currently about 230, which is my highest ever. My lowest was about 185, and I was pretty happy there. I have a body built for curves, that generally only gains bulky muscle, never compact muscle, and I haven't been what anyone could call "skinny" since I hit puberty. I've never had success with calorie counting really - MyFitnessPal would only budget me around 1400 calories/day, and I have never found a way to make that at all satisfying or sustainable. Twice in my life I've managed to drop about 30 lbs in 6 months and then just plateaued, but even that took hardcore exercise several times/week as well as strict calorie regulation. And, somehow, I would never ever get that dopamine hit from exercise that might make it at all enjoyable or worth it.

One of my big struggles is motivation. External encouragement is really counter-productive for me, and I've always found weight loss communities/discussion really triggering for my depression. I know that's a whole other issue, but it does make it hard for me to reach out for help, or dive into communities that others might find really helpful.

I don't really know what I'm asking for here. Maybe there are others out there who have had similar issues who can relate, maybe you have some really helpful tips for how to dive in, I don't know. I guess that's the point. I have no idea where to go with this. I'm planning on starting WeightWatchers with my best friend in the new year, but I am already dreading it so much. I just don't want to be where I am now.

submitted by /u/concreteunicorn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Nt7dbT

No comments:

Post a Comment