Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Down 50lbs! Halfway to my goal!! Now a nutrition question... Protein - how much is too much?

24m 6'2" | sw: 340lbs | cw: 290lbs | gw: 240lbs |

I'm having a problem which is sort of confusing me honestly. I've started to switch my focus away from calories and over towards macros, but I'm noticing that before, while I almost always stayed below my calories goals, my fat and protein was always high. Lowering fats and adding carbs was easy enough, but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to stay below my protein goals, especially with my recommended protein suppliment.

Now, the way I am recording is as follows:

I have mfp set up to lose 2lbs a week (which has not been happening sadly) and I have it set to not active at all. This gives me 1970 calories day, 99g protein, 246g carbs, 66g fats.

I work out every day, but do not record my work outs in MFP because when I did that I would go running to squeeze in an extra taco and my results were slower. I eat like I do not work out at all, and usually do 30-60mins of lifting and 30-60 mins of cardio 5x weekly, averaging 1.5 hours at the gym between the two. I was told by my buddy who lost a bunch of weight and got ripped, my trainer, (who I only had one freebie visit with but plan to go back to) and the folks at GNC that I should take a protein suppliment 2x daily to help my workout. I take 1 scoop in the morning and one scoop immediately after my workout. However, every single day, I exceed my protein without fail. My suppliment alone is 50% if my protein allocation, and if I eat any amount of meat or cheese I go WAY over. Like, around 150% of my daily amount. Without my suppliment, I would be hitting my macros almost perfectly. If my carbs and fats are at or below my allocation, and my calories are fine, is it a big deal to go 9ver on protein, especially when I am more active than I tell my app that I am?

My MFP stats and settings, as well as today's nutrients are here I already recorded what I will eat for the rest of the day.

Is too much protein a bad thing if I am more active than I tell my app? Will going over my protein but not calories slow my weight loss? I've recently pushed thru a plateau to hit my halfway point, but things have been slow for me lately.

Thanks in advance!!

submitted by /u/Jerrshington
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XahEnL

No comments:

Post a Comment