Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Fear of losing my crutch, fear of losing my excuse, fear of losing weight…

In some ways I feel like I’m a well adjusted member of society, I have proven to myself that I am capable of accomplishing education, career, travel goals and even relocating last year to a country where I don't speak the language or know anyone. I am a strong woman and I can accomplish things in my life but weight loss has been difficult. For years my weight has been my crutch, my excuse, my reason, my punching bag, maybe some of you just get it without me explaining more... In some ways my weight makes me feel like I’m the one in control of rejection and not being seen as attractive. I am the one in control of being single or society's approval. My fat is my blanket, it makes me feel safe. It allows me to “hate” myself without feeling guilty. As long as I don’t lose weight, I can hold on to the fantasy of becoming “perfect” when I lose weight. Losing weight makes me feel vulnerable. Yes, I agree this is not a productive or healthy way of thinking. Yes, it is perfectionist/self sabotaging behavior. No, I have no history of sexual abuse. Yes, I have been to therapy.

Anyone out here can relate to what I am saying? How did you overcome your fear of losing weight?

submitted by /u/Fit_Tomato
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37i6hPn

No comments:

Post a Comment