Wednesday, November 6, 2019

How many people here had to quit smoking weed?

I see a lot of posts about quitting/lowering alcohol use going hand in hand with weight loss, but for me, no longer smoking weed was a HUGE factor. I was a daily smoker for many, many years and tried a lot of ways to combine being a stoner with losing weight. Waiting to smoke weed until the end of the day when I was in bed, making sure there were healthy foods in the house, telling myself that this time I just WASN'T GOING TO, trying different strains to see if there was one that didn't give me the munchies.

And in the end, that shit just did not work. Sometimes I'd eat the fruit I'd cut up... but usually afterwards, I'd go snooping through the cupboards for everything else I had. I could keep just healthy food in the house, but stoned me could turn ANYTHING into a binge food, and if there wasn't anything at home I'd figure out a way to get takeout.

In the end, I just had to accept that stoned missingpixie did not give a shit about me, my goals, my weight, or how I felt waking up the next day. If I wanted to be healthy and lose weight I couldn't let her pilot my body every night.

It's a lot easier now. I don't really think about it much. But it was really tough at first. Smoking weed was a big part of my life since my early teens and in a sad way, had really become part of my identity. I struggled making friends without drugs and to a certain extent still do. It was one less coping mechanism. I had to get readjusted to going to sleep sober which was fucking ROUGH at first.

I still very occasionally smoke weed, but do so with the mindset of "are you okay with having a night of eating too much", and only smoke weed if I'm okay with that. I don't keep it in the house. I'm the type to smoke it every day until it's gone if I have it around.

Quitting weed has been one of the most important steps for weight loss, and I think staying that way is probably the only way my weight loss is going to be permanent. How about y'all?

submitted by /u/missingpixie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PUBBO6

No comments:

Post a Comment