Tuesday, November 5, 2019

How to deal with people’s changing behavior?

I (23F) have gone from around 200 pounds to 164. Losing weight has been pretty cool, would recommend. One contingency - people suck way more now and I only see it getting worse as I lose weight. I was good at being a fat chick. I had an active social life with plenty of friends. I cultivated the heck out of myself, learned how to be nice, funny, hardworking, and composed. I’m your go-to girl if you need a shift covered or a favor. I’ve heard people talk about “fat personality” before and that definitely rang true for me. In general, people treated me well. Maybe that’s why it took so long for me to actually start dieting. This might be controversial, but from a social perspective I was comfortable with being overweight. Now that I’ve started to lose weight, men are much more likely to stare or catcall, women are possessive of their boyfriends around me, friends and family make snide comments about my weight loss. Navigating the world is just a little different. People notice me more, which sounds good in theory but I was okay with not being seen. Anyway, any tips or advice? Or just amusing anecdotes?

submitted by /u/misterbassett
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33lgx6Z

No comments:

Post a Comment