Thursday, November 21, 2019

How to get your spouse interested in weight loss?

Hi all! I am beginning to get more and more concerned about my husband's weight. He is well in to the 300's now. What prompted me to make this post is that I have been noticing as of late a lot of issues that he has been complaining about. For example he was doing the dishes last night and said he was a bit out of breath from bending over. Or that his knees hurt, or that hes exhausted.

The worst for me is seeing him struggle with energy with our baby. She's not crawling yet, but she's close and im afraid he's not going to have the energy to keep up with her as she gets older. And I'm also afraid of his bad habits rubbing off on her. I don't want a life struggling with weight for her.

He's struggled with weight his whole life. His parents do not eat healthy at all, his mom is a constant yo-yo Dieter, and he's a very picky eater and dislikes most low calorie foods. It doesn't help that he has a desk job and loves his video games. I have also struggled with weight my whole life so I get it's hard. But I really try to eat healthy and be as active as possible. I do need to lose more weight but overall I feel healthy. I just want him to just start trying but he won't. He just keeps making excuses. First it was I'll lose weight when I hit 30! Then it was I'll lose weight for the wedding! Then it was I'll lose weight before our daughter is born. Now it's I'll lose weight before she's older.

I have to give him some credit though, he has made small bits of progress. We don't buy pop and have significantly lessened our unhealthy snack purchases. But he has no interest in exercising. I have offered to work out with him, or get a shared gym membership, but he refuses saying not today, or I hate the gym.

I have tried reminding him of the health issues. I tell him that all the physical issues he has will improve. I tell him how good I feel when I eat healthy or work out ect. It seems like no matter what I say it doesn't help. I have tried both positive and negative approaches.

I just don't know what to do. I am so afraid he is just going to keep gaining and it's going to start severely affecting his health. Now that we have a daughter I am terrified that she is going to lose her father younger than she should someday because of his weight, and I am going to lose my husband. I love him so much and if I wasn't so afraid for his health, I wouldn't change a thing about him.

submitted by /u/PlainJane1315
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QFbCu9

No comments:

Post a Comment