Friday, November 8, 2019

how to set a goal weight?

hi all - i am wondering something pretty simple. i’m not really sure how to set my own goal weight.

i am more motivated to work on multiple smaller goals than one huge goal, so i’m applying that same logic to weight loss.

however, i am struggle to determine a good “final goal” GW for myself. here are some deets about me:

i’m 26F and 5’2” HW: around 190 (i stopped weighing myself for a time but i know it was around that), SW: 184, CW: 176.4

according to my BMI, “normal” range would be 104-131 lbs. for me, that has never really been a comfortable weight. as a teenager at 108 lbs, i stopped menstruating and got sick often. then, after taking birth control, i leveled out in the upper 120s/low 130s.

about 5 years ago, i was running distance and racing half marathons, eating a somewhat healthy diet, and my weight was in the 140-145 lb range.

now, my current goal is just to hit 170 before holiday break in late december, and go in about 10 lb increments from there. i am just not sure where a reasonable goal weight would be... as the 140s are technically “overweight,” but i love strength training and having a muscular build. even being in the 140s seems like such a lofty goal to me now, let alone less than that!

what gives? how do i pick the best goal weight? should i focus on body fat % at some point instead of weight in lbs?

submitted by /u/tofufordinner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CoJsLB

No comments:

Post a Comment