Friday, November 8, 2019

I’m not losing weight anymore... any reason why?

TLDR: I've lost .2 pounds in the past 10 days after lowering my calorie count by -500/day and properly tracking my workouts and calories.

I started actually focusing on my weight on September 29th. I went to the gym 4-5 times a week(now down to 3-4), before school every morning. I also started counting calories. I didn’t know how much I needed, but I tried to stick to the goals MyFitnessPal gave me.

Going into this I didn’t have any set eating patterns. I was a 21-year-old, 6’3 300lb guy and somedays I’ll eat 200 calories and some days I’ll eat 3000. There was no schedule at all. In the past I’d have periods of time where I’d go 1-3 days without food for various reasons. Either I was depressed, or addicted to something and I couldn’t take my attention off this one thing, or I was broke and I needed to stretch food as long as possible to I’d eat once every few days. The last time I had done this was about 1 month before I started this whole journey. I had a very bad relationship with food and in my head the less I ate the better.

Right now on November 8th, I weigh 278.6 and when I started on Sept 29th I was 296. My progress has almost stopped completely in terms of weight loss and I'm not sure why. I've lowered my daily calorie goals from 2870 a day to 2300 and I've gone over once in the last 2 weeks. Most days last week I had under 2000. I've started to take multivitamins and fish oil as well to make sure I'm getting the daily vitamins I need.

Myfitnesspal said that last week I was 5200 under and this week I was 5,900 under so 11,100 total calories under my weekly goal, in the past 2 weeks, but after weighing myself this morning my scale said I've only lost .2 pounds in the last 10 days. I made sure the last time I ate was at 8 pm yesterday night and I weighed myself today at 7 am.

Is 2300 calories still too much for a guy my size? Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/YoungPlutus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CoJAuJ

No comments:

Post a Comment