Friday, November 8, 2019

Sick & Tired of always being sick and tired...Elliptical or rower???

Hello, I am a 45 y/o man. 6 ft tall, 300 lbs (it hurts typing that). I have over the course of the last few years, let my health slip due to bad habits and health issues. I am quickly reaching a crisis point, I need to lose at least 80 lbs with a goal of 95.

Most of my adult life I have been weight loss/gain roller coaster. A few years ago, I thought I had finally kicked all of my bad habits and was in phenomenal shape, but life has a way of reminding you that you can never let up. To make a long story short I ended up in the hospital for a total of three months due to complicated diverticulitis (it hit me out of nowhere, no symptoms or signs at all). It was bad, My intestines burst, I had an abscess and ultimately needed a colon resection where 18 inches of my large intestine was removed. Doctors told me that if I would have delayed in going to the ER, I probably would not have survived.

The recovery was horrific and I fell back into old routines and I am now at this point. I know the weight loss will be slow and gradual, but I need to start somewhere. It will take a combination of diet and exercise (weight training and cardio). I have a good weight set at home and I am now in the market for a cardio machine. I am considering an elliptical (have had great success with them before) or a rower. I would consider a gym, but there isn't one near me and I need to be honest and acknowledge that if its too far, I probably won't go as often as I should.

What would be better for weight loss and most importantly to maintain motivation? After all losing weight is half diet and the other half is the noise in between your ears.

I have looked around and I really like the new "interactive" machines that are out using programs like iFit. The membership cost is not a problem, but I just cannot make up my mind between the rower or the elliptical.

The rowers I am considering are the Hydrow (which is a top of the line, interactive marvel), the NordicTrack RW900 and the tried and true (non-interactive) Concept-2 rower. The ellipticals are between Proform, NordicTrack (both incorporate iFit) and Bowflex.

What have you noticed gives you the best results and helps maintain a high level of motivation? Thanks for reading my post and good luck on your fitness journeys.

submitted by /u/Stephengomez
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36NUh7V

No comments:

Post a Comment