Friday, November 15, 2019

Long time lurker and I need some help...

Sorry this is going to be kinda long so there's a TL;DR at the bottom.

I ran two Spartan Sprints a couple years ago and absolutely loved it. (This was about 8 months into my first major weight loss journey. About 50lbs of fat loss at that point) I’ve struggled with my weight all my life and since completing the two races life has gotten in the way. I had a doctors appointment today and I weighed in higher than I ever have in my life. Damn near 300 pounds. It’s embarrassing and I’m ashamed. I wish I could compete in Spartans and at a decent level. I wish I was functionally fit and I have struggled getting there.

I am now at the heaviest weight I have ever been at. I feel embarrassed to even be on this sub. I have dreams of racing and placing in my age group and I feel like it’s all ridiculous because I’m obese. I don’t know how to get to where I want to be in a sustainable fashion. So does anyone have advice or is anyone willing to help me make changes that will save me from diseases and an early death? I have all the desire and determination. I’m just paralyzed by failing yet again. Having put in the work before and now being heavier than I ever have how will it ever be any different?. I’m currently not employed (just graduated college) so now is the perfect time to dedicate to making those changes to save myself and put myself in a place where I can do everything I want. Achieve my Spartan trifecta and be healthy enough to have kids one day and be a role model for others. I dream of hiking, biking, and kayaking all day and training for spartans, but I’m just lost and need a little help. At this point I don’t know how to change or what else to do.

I’m addicted to food, well mostly ice cream. I eat my emotions away and I know I need to stop that. Losing 100 pounds just seems like and insurmountable task that I’m destined to fail. I don’t know what to do. I just need help and support and accountability. None of which I have, so I guess I’m going to post this and see what happens. I’ve lurked for a long time, but have never took the plunge on posting. I honestly just can’t imagine being able to lose that kind of weight. Especially with where I am now.

I’m sorry, I know this seems desperate. I know it’s pathetic to ask here, but I’m asking on the off chance that it does make a difference and someone will care.

TL;DR: I need to lose around 100 pounds and I need some motivation/suggestions and help on how to actually get it done so that I can be the person I want to be - not someone I hate.

submitted by /u/dotaloodadoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32QlcwL

No comments:

Post a Comment