Tuesday, November 19, 2019

My body seems to like a certain weight, but I like my body better at a lower one. Why does it prefer a certain weight? Would it be healthy for me to attempt to reach that lower weight?

Hi!

Apologies if this sounds like a weird or stupid question, I tend to ask those a lot. Also sorry if this doesn’t make any sense either, I’m having some trouble trying to describe my situation well.

I am a 21 y/o female, 5'5, and I currently weigh 125 lbs with it fluctuating to 130 or so depending on my diet and level of activity that week. I know these are perfectly healthy numbers, my body just doesn’t wear it well is the thing. My activity level ranges from quite sedentary to consistent levels of activity that have me lightly sweating for several hours at a time due to work, all within the week. My goal weight is 115 lbs as that’s the only weight where I lose fat in my biggest insecurity areas where my body stores most of my fat.

I have weighed 115 lbs before but it was due to some extreme circumstances. My freshman year of college I stress lost the freshman 15 due to constant fast-walking uphill in*hot* weather and not eating due to stress and also poor. After that, I found it hard to eat. I would get nauseous constantly, dizzy, and was constantly tired. I ended up weighing 108 at my lowest. This was all within a year or so, so it was not a huge amount of weight loss in a short amount of time. My blood tests all came back perfectly healthy and were well within what was healthy for a girl my age and size (I saw a doctor bc I was worried about how tired and nauseous I was, they said nothing was wrong with me). I wasn’t eating much as it was painful to eat at that point, but when I could it was very healthy.

I eventually was able to start eating more consistently and I didn’t think I was eating that much, just like three meals a day and some snacks, sometimes. I gained 20 lbs in less than 6 months. I don’t get it. I just don’t understand why my body works like that. Why does it not like 115? Why 130?? I literally have to watch what I eat so closely to weigh the 125 I do now and even then I’m pretty sure I’m just losing the same five pounds of water weight. Ironically, I also have the ability to lose weight quite easily (yes I swear I suffer from both dilemas), I also gain it very easily.

I want to get back to 115 pounds but if I don’t eat once every couple hours, I get tired and sluggish. My blood sugar tested perfectly fine as well even when I was 110 lbs and not eating often so I don’t think it’s that. I’m confused as to why my body won’t let me weigh less than 120 without fighting me on it?

I used a calorie calculator and it says that I should be able to get to 115 in about two months with daily exercise and an intake of like 1500 to average it out.

Would it be healthy for me to steadily lose weight to 115 lbs despite the way my body seems to fight me when I weigh this much? I really don’t understand why it does. Does anybody know why it might do this to me?

Like I said, this is a stupid question but I’m really confused by it. I hope this makes even an iota is sense.

Thank you for any advice or help!

submitted by /u/ohnoimreal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OuGc71

No comments:

Post a Comment