Friday, November 1, 2019

My experience and lessons learned from 1 year of weight loss.

SW: 17th November 2018 - 79kg 5'8

CW: 1st November 2019 - 67kg 5'8

(79kg -------> 68kg May --------> 74kg to regain strength --------> 68kg maintained strength ----> 67kg today)

Alright so I lowkey kind of feel like a failure, because I am kind of giving up. But I think enough is enough. For the sake of my mental health/my life it would be best that I recomp/leanbulk. I am a healthy BMI and I feel like my goals are just due to the unrealistic standards set by social media.

So I will start off with some positives. I never could have imagined losing the amount of weight I did. I literally remember thinking that it would be impossible for me to get below 79kg. I look back at my old pictures, and I see the face gains. I am so grateful for my past self for realising and accepting that I was overweight. I managed to push through many dark moments. Weight loss + the loneliness is definitely is not a good combination. I had many many downs, but I keep managing to bring myself back up. Throughout my high school years I ate fast food multiple times a week, junk food and soda also now at age 21 I go months without eating fast food and I am proud that I am in the habit of conting calories.

My advice to those who are on their weightloss journey:

  1. Learn to be your biggest fan. Its you against the world, you can't afford to hate yourself ever.
  2. Slow and steady wins the race. I lost a lot of strength because I was dieting so aggressively to the point where I had sleepless nights I also was lifting 4x a week. Also my best weight loss was this summer when I added weight to my squats and deadlift while losing weight slowly and I was happy.
  3. Your weight does not define you. Don't let it hold you back from doing whatever you want. Its best you have fulfilling hobbies because that will help you get through how long this all takes.
  4. Also when I first started out I always told myself. "Its not a matter of IF its just a matter of WHEN"
  5. Focus more on your achievements and what you are grateful for rather than what you have left to improve. There should be an 80/20 balance.

I hope this post isn't scary or anything. I had a tough time mainly because I was eating at a deficit of 1000 (and the days where I didn't count as accurate I waslikely in a higher deficit) and had no friends the past year. My mental health and problematic eating habits improved a lot when I took a short break and started lean bulking. I was also very harsh on myself all the time just because of mistakes I made in the past, mainly the fact that I had been going gym since I was 16 and was both fat and weak after a few years.

My goals now is to add lean muscle with hopefully minimal fat gain (so then I can look good without abs), or to eat at a much smaller deficit while making strength gains (haven't decided). I then have the rest of my life to get abs if need be.

submitted by /u/TheStoicStudent98
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36pbPr0

No comments:

Post a Comment