Friday, November 1, 2019

New to loseit and going for round 3 of weiggtloss

Hello all, I am 34, 5'8", female and have already been through losing a lot of weight in the past. Before I had children, my hubby and I lived to eat. We ate out all the time with abandon. I was a terrible cook and so it was just the easier thing to do. Before I knew it, I was 240 lbs and miserable. My hubby was in just the same kind of state too. After our first child was born, we changed our habits and dropped 80-90 lbs each. I even kept my weight off for a few years and hovered right around 145. But then I found myself pregnant again, tired, and constantly hungry. My weight leaped back up to 180 postpartum (pregnancy peek was just over 200!). I worked super hard to get back to 160, but could never get back to that lower weight I had been at. And suddenly I was also caring for two children and all that life throws at you in that situation! I found making excusing was easier than putting me first. Once again my weight has creeped up ... Now to 190! It's frustrating and even my doctor is telling me to do intermittent fasting to help curb my weight issues. I find it much harder in my 30s than I did in my 20s. That's for sure.

I guess the whole point of this post is to find a community of folks who are or have been on similar journeys. In the past month I joined an F45 gym which I like. I go between 3-5 days a week depending on what life is throwing at me that week. I've also taken up aerial silks as another fun additional thing to do once a week. I cook almost exclusively at home (I actually found that I have a knack for cooking - once I gave it a try on my first round of weight loss), and generally don't eat much bread, pasta, rice and the like. Diet wise, I feel like if I'm tracking my calories, I do well. But I struggle with binging sometimes. Tell me about yourselves and what has worked or not for you on your own journey? :)

submitted by /u/lostandfindingtheway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36Aej62

No comments:

Post a Comment