Sunday, November 3, 2019

NSV- new hobbies new body confidence

36F. 174cm SW 104kg CW 95kg GW 75kg.

My weight loss journey has been going great thanks to CICO and this group. I am a lot less disciplined in counting my calories now as I took a break over our ski season but when I do I notice a blow out day for me now is so much less than what they used to be. My appetite has genuinely shrunk and I crave junk less often.

My weight has been stable for about 4 months since before ski season but the look of my body has changed a lot, I look noticeably skinnier as I assume I've been putting on muscle and losing fat and I could feel my ski fitness was so good by the end of winter I could ski all weekend and not be tired. I could have a mars bar in my pocket all day and not even think about it instead of craving junk constantly.

But even better now I've lost about 9kg my fitness is soaring. I was able to go backcountry skiing again and wasn't the slowest person up the mountains. Someone I was backcountry with described me as 'so strong' after and it made my month. I still think about it sometimes and smile. Yes I am strong again! Now people try to keep up with me instead of me being too embarrassed to go out in case I hold them all up.

Most exciting for me I started dancing as a new hobby and have fallen in love. Keep in mind I've never ever danced before. It has been two fold because the exercise is great and I really enjoy it, the discipline of preparing for a performance means I don't skip classes and I've gained so much more body confidence that I didn't have before. My first group routine was a 70s disco performance and I had loads of fun fun but was really self conscious of my glitter leotard and double chin. I went through all the photos and didn't want to post them even though it was one of the most fun nights of my life.

My next group routine I'm in a skimpy gold leotard which I would have diedddd of embarrassment to wear before but now I just think it's funny even though I'm still the fattest person in the class I just own it and feel good. I've even sent a pic of me wearing it around and not been embarrassed.

I think the tipping point was dabbling in burlesque. In my disco performance it was part of a student showcase so I saw burlesque routines including girls bigger than me who looked phenomenal. Everyone thought they were sexy regardless of their size and shape of their body so I signed up to try a 6 week course. For the first time in ages I actually felt sexy, strutting about in high heels and a corset. That was a non performance course and I was too embarrassed to tell any friends I was even doing it but I'm so glad I did and now I've signed up for more. I think being overweight for so long it's really easy to lose that feeling. In the first class we were supposed to run our hands up and down our body and I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror I was mortified. But hey 6 weeks later I was smouldering.

I even bought a sexy circus ringmaster leotard with absolutely no clue when I would ever wear it but I put it on and felt good which is a new feeling for me!

Other NSV has been digging out the boxes of clothes that didn't fit anymore and having half a new wardrobe again. I've still got 2 boxes that are my next goal. Everything too big I immediately took to charity instead of boxing away 'just in case because I'm never allowing myself to get back to tbar weight.

Now I'm back to calorie counting and ready to strip off the next 5kg. Not feeling hungry all the time is Really helping!

submitted by /u/welllllhereweare
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NggkwF

No comments:

Post a Comment