Saturday, November 9, 2019

Obesity is a symptom not the disease...

TLDR at bottom

I’ve lost 50 pounds over the past two and a half months. It all started with my mom telling me she wanted me to sign up for this fitness program. I resisted but she won out... I’m so so thankful she did.

The program consisted of addressing some psychological issues and dealing with your past before dealing with your future. Toward the third week it felt really easy... then I had an assignment: recall the three worst things that have happened to me in life. It sounds easy until you actually think of why those things were so awful.

No amount of physical pain could surmount the emotional pain... two of my worst things were about girls I’d dated. But the third was something I’d never even truly admitted to myself... I was molested by someone who had authority over me. Someone my family trusted.

I still struggle to say it out loud but acknowledging it helped me get over it. I hated myself for so long but could never figure out why and then when I acknowledged what had happened it felt like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. Then actual weight fell off as it became easier to focus on life- I wasn’t relieving pain by stuffing my face.

I’m still on my journey but I want you to know; if you’re struggling to lose weight, the problem might not even be something you think it is. It might be pain deep down that you’ve hidden in shame, guilt, anger, or sadness. You don’t need to hide it- let go of it, say it out loud, tell someone you love, just let it out! Once you do, you might just cure your disease and the symptoms will go away in time,

TLDR: Addressing past trauma may be the key to ultimate weight loss and keeping it off among other things which I learned after acknowledging that I was diddled as a kid

submitted by /u/loring96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NzWsV2

No comments:

Post a Comment