Saturday, November 9, 2019

People who are quit smoking but and are also losing weight, how do you do it?

For me, it is really hard and is almost impossible. I tend to crave and sometimes eat much more food when I am not smoking, because the cravings are so strong. Especially around my pms, it is next to unbearable. So it's either a cigarette or eating more. A very frustrating thing when you are trying to lose weight and quit smoking at the same time is that around week 1, of quitting smoking, all food starts to taste infinitely tastier and richer in flavor and you are like whoa, what is this, so of course you are craving more. Of course cigarettes also suppress your appetite, so I can eat pretty healthily and within what I should eat in a day. I am not saying that a non-smoker would eat more, is just that in the early days of quitting smoking, you just crave.

I have been unsuccessful in quitting smoking again, not only because I wanted to eat more, but because I am physically and mentally craving it some days to the point where it gets frustrating. It is so weird, because I am also sober for 7 months and been doing well with my weight loss and some pilates, but the cigarettes are so annoying. And i hate 16 year old me for ever taking it up. How is it possible for me to refuse a delicious looking cake because I have a cabbage salad and some chicken for lunch, but not say no to myself when I want to smoke? I am also pretty terrible with taking breaks at work when I don't smoke because what do I do with my time? Now that I have started cooking, I do smoke less and eat my lunch properly, but it is still hard.

The hardest one is at parties and get together. I started out as a social smoker, but at parties it is so weird because inside, I feel like fat girl, and like I don't want to talk to anyone and just feel inadequate. Outside smoking I am a different person, and I tell jokes, I listen to people and you get to know them, while inside it just feels weird to randomly talk to people if you are not smoking.

So how did you guys manage, which one do you prioritize? The weight loss or the quitting smoking? Can you do both of them at the same time? How? Please don't say IQOS or something like that because it is just blergh.

submitted by /u/webtheg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33zbwIm

No comments:

Post a Comment