Thursday, November 7, 2019

Quick share!

It's my(23F, 5'6) first time posting here- just wanted to share my joy and hopefully motivate a few people at the same time! I don't have a set goal weight, but I would like to end up somewhere around 130 if possible.

Growing up, I was a figure skater and easily kept my weight close to 120lbs while eating absolute crap. I had to quit skating in my mid teens due to knee injuries, and I admittedly fell into quite the depression at the same time because it was my passion and I had to pull out. This manifested in a quick weight gain, and by grad only a couple years later I was about 190lbs and absolutely uncomfortable, but also unwilling to acknowledge or do anything about it. To be fair, I was struggling a lot with my knees still. I'm now 3 surgeries in, with more to come as 'maintenance' when I eventually need them.

3 years ago almost exactly, I went vegan(that's another story, but the switch was never about weight. Moreso a combination of realizing what I was eating, and ethics). I stayed close to my original weight for the first 2 years, though I did notice other changes like my skin clearing up and less digestive issues. I ate a lot of 'vegan junk food's like fake chicken strips and pasta, because that's what I knew how to cook. Then, last October, I switched positions at work to one that requires a ton of lifting and I now put in about 25,000 steps a day on average. I slowly started losing weight then, which has motivated me to continue!

Since then, I've tried to make more whole food swaps, eat a little cleaner, pack my lunches, etc. This summer, I started practicing yoga. After adding that in, I'm proud to say that today I'm down to 155 lbs... 155! I haven't seen that since about grade 9, and while it isn't by any means the biggest loss or greatest weight loss journey that I've seen posted here, I am so proud of myself for doing better. I feel better, I have more energy, and I naturally eat better because I know that I feel better when I do! My knees bother me a little less, probably a mix of having less weight on and the strength coming back with yoga. I can tell that I am in better shape, I can feel and see my muscle tone. I'm excited to see what else I can do!

submitted by /u/plantsandsunshine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CudkWV

No comments:

Post a Comment