Thursday, November 21, 2019

Supportive Co-Workers

I started a weight loss plan (low carb, under 2000 calories, walking more) at the end of July this year and have had very good results so far. I'm a 6'2" male and started at 365 pounds and am down to 307 as of today. My goal is 250, so I'm about halfway there after not quite four months.

Part of what's helped me is working at a place with really supportive co-workers. They compliment me, offer me suggestions, and even have altered some of the potlucks/treat days that we do to make sure I can partake. I'm supported at home, too of course, but their help at work as been wonderful. All in all, their reaction to my "journey" has been astounding.

A couple of weeks ago, I was surprised by a group of them with a bunch of low carb foods - eggs, almonds, beef sticks, cheese sticks, etc - because they wanted to celebrate my getting passed the 50 pounds lost mark. It really touched me and made me feel so grateful for everything.

I just discovered this subreddit and have enjoyed reading people's encouraging stories and all the supportive comments and I just wanted to join in. With any luck, I can post again when I pass other milestones on my way to my goal! It's been going so well to start that I'm starting to think I may have to lower my goal to 225...

Anyway, thanks for reading and for being a part of this great sub!

submitted by /u/Bravesfan82
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rivit7

No comments:

Post a Comment