Saturday, November 9, 2019

SV and NSV- After plateauing for a month or more, I am finally in the 60s!

SV: My weight had plateaued for maybe around 6 weeks, anywhere between 70.5kg to 73kg and I was SO frustrated. I knew I needed to change something to kick start it again but despite the frustration, I just kept being lazy.... 6 years of weight loss efforts told me I either needed to eat less (but I love food, wahh) or do more. Then I remembered I'd gone from 10+ active hours a week around the farm, plus riding nearly every day, to only 4-5 hours and no riding. Welp! So even though I don't get paid for it, I've made it a point to go out every two days to pick up horse shit. Not a huge difference in physical activity, over the week it might add up to another 3-5 hours depending how many horses we have in, but apparently it was just the shift I needed- this mornings weigh in read 69.9kg. JUST in the 60s but I'll take it! Bonus point, I find picking up manure to be therapeutic- going from messy yards to pristine clean ones makes me feel good.

Side note: I logged into MFP recently after a LONG break, like a year or two. My goal weight was 75kg- when I orginally set that (from 92kg at the time, 102kg top weight), I truly believed I'd never be 'really' slim, and that 75 was probably the best I could get. I thought my 170cm frame (5'7" for those not playing at home) would just be fat forever.... However by the time I did log back in, I'd already smashed that goal. Don't cut yourself short ladies and gents! I mean it- I *believed* with every ounce of my soul that I was destined to be fat forever, and here I am now merely 6-8kg from my ideal weight. It's taken me forever, I've learned what works for me and what doesn't, for the first few years my weight went up and down like noones business, but for the last 2 it's been steady- albeit slow. Don't give up.

NSV: A few weeks ago I posted about fitting into size 12 clothes for the first time in my adult life. I still can't believe it, like even though my wardrobe is predominantly 12s now (with a couple of 10s!) I keep feeling like the tags must be wrong, I am still definitely fat. I suspect it's going to take my brain a long time to catch up with my body shape and what not. But my NSV is that I went to the races on the weekend- Derby Day which meant black and white only- and honestly I felt amazing. Well, at least until my shape wear started riding up and giving me the ultimate day long wedgie, but that aside... I was in a size Medium dress, tanned, heels, makeup, lashes, fascinator, clutch.... I feel like the world is opening up for me fashion wise. Previously I would find stuff that fit me, sometimes even attempted to flatter my shape, but I never felt AMAZING in those clothes like I do now.

Unfortunately I didn't get a decent full length shot on the day, but this is trying everything on (sans iron, hair, makeup and nails), and this is my makeup etcon the day.

submitted by /u/Segreto86
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CvcadS

No comments:

Post a Comment