Saturday, November 9, 2019

NSV - Secondhand Shopping

Hi everyone! Obligatory stats: 5'7.5" HW: 200 LW: 148 CW: 159

My weight loss journey started about 2 and a half years ago - my senior year of college. At the time, secondhand and thrift shopping were starting to be the cooler option and I was excited to get some unique and sustainable pieces. At my higher weights, I struggled a lot. While there were probably the same amount of options for me when I was a size 12, the misfits hit me harder.

Today, I went shopping for a winter jacket and, as usual, got distracted in the racks. I tried on a pair of vintage pants - size 10 - and they did NOT fit. Usually, I'm a size 6/8. When I was a size 12, if I had tried on a size 16 and not been able to get it above my hips, I would have probably spent the night feeling bad about myself (and eating a Ben & Jerry's).

Even though my weight creeped up from my low weight, it's creeping back down again. I'm happy that I'm finally able to go about losing (and shopping) in a healthy manner. When I was first losing weight, I might have used an ill-fitting pair of pants as a way to negatively motivate myself to restrict, but I just went about my day, eating normally and feeling normally.

I'm excited about hitting my goals and enjoying the trip there! Also, I cannot recommend thrift shopping enough to those who are losing weight or looking for a goal dress/pair of jeans/what-have-you. You can really make a statement with a unique piece that you feel super confident in!

submitted by /u/millionthchoice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2pLlhVf

No comments:

Post a Comment