Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Tips for tracking weight loss progress w/o checking the scale?

Hi all, I (22F) recently moved to another country and do not have ready access to a scale. I have been experimenting with a mix of eating plant-based meals 5/7 days per week, taking longer walks, and intermittent fasting/intuitive eating. I did join a gym upon moving here but it’s closed for renovations for the next month.

I feel that I’m losing weight but I have not actually weighed myself since before I left home in late September. Best guess that I weighed in at around 195 lbs at 5’9” at my time of departure. When my gym reopens in December, I’ll have the opportunity to weigh in again, but so far, I’ve kind of liked not knowing. I like working with how my body feels and I’m curious to see if I can continue with this mindset.

I did take a before photo in early October but I haven’t seen noticeable changes from then to now but I do FEEL slimmer/healthier (flatter stomach, clothes fit more loosely, fewer cravings for sugary foods). I think that keeping away from the scale while keeping up with my new habits will help me on my path to self-love & a lasting healthy lifestyle.

Does anyone have any experiences with this — avoiding the scale but still finding ways to monitor progress? And in a similar vein, staying motivated when that data isn’t available? Typically I prefer to track everything numerically so this is me stepping out of my comfort zone.

Would love to hear your thoughts! This subreddit community has already helped me a great deal in my weight loss journey. (:

submitted by /u/lesgogirls
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/347mpRX

No comments:

Post a Comment